Whether you’re an adult or a teenager, there is a multitude of orthodontic treatments or braces that you can choose from in order to gain a straight and healthy smile. With so many different options to decide on, from traditional braces, clear braces or ceramic, settling on the right braces can seem like a monumental task. But with the help of our team of Rigby orthodontic specialists, Randall Orthodontics can help narrow down your options and assist you in finding the right type of braces for your lifestyle and budget.
If you’re planning on getting braces for yourself or your child, contact Randall Orthodontics in Rigby today. At your complimentary consultation, we’ll help you discover what type of braces will be the most efficient for your orthodontic needs.
Below, you’ll find information regarding the advantages and disadvantages of ceramic braces in Rigby, in order to help you nail down the type of braces you may be considering.
What Are Ceramic Braces?
Ceramic braces are applied to the teeth in a similar method as traditional or metal braces but are made of a different material: ceramic. This material that the brackets are made out of can either be the same color as the patient’s tooth or clear. Along with transparent brackets, the wires between the teeth can also be clear or the same color as the teeth. This results in a less noticeable system of ceramic braces.
How Much Do Ceramic Braces in Rigby Cost?
The cost of ceramic braces is a little more expensive than traditional braces, which can cost anywhere from $5,000 – $6,000. If you plan on opting for ceramic braces instead of metal braces, you should expect to pay anywhere from $500 to $1,000 more. However, this cost can fluctuate depending on whether or not other orthodontic treatments are needed, how many Rigby orthodontist appointments you need to make, whether or not your break a bracket, snap a wire, etc. The final price will be determined by your orthodontist. If you have any questions or concerns about how to pay for your braces, speak with our Rigby office today as well as your insurance provider.
Who is Eligible for Ceramic Braces in Rigby?
Ceramic braces are mostly used by adults and older teenagers with more mature, stronger teeth, but can be used by younger children in some cases. The main reason for this is because adults and teenagers are more likely to properly take care of transparent or tooth-colored braces, as they can stain easily. Ceramic braces are similar to traditional braces in a lot of ways, including the fact almost anyone is eligible for ceramic braces in Rigby. However, people with severely misaligned bites may not be eligible for this treatment. Of course, your orthodontist will help you make the final decision in determining which type of braces are the most beneficial to straighten your smile in the least amount of time.
Pros & Cons: What You Can Expect from Rigby Ceramic Braces
Now that we’ve covered the basics of ceramic braces along with the cost and eligibility requirements, it’s important to understand what advantages ceramic braces provide as well as, some common disadvantages that can occur.
The Advantages of Rigby Ceramic Braces
- Discreet – One of the most obvious benefits of ceramic braces is that they are much more discreet than traditional stainless steel braces, especially if you opt for a transparent or tooth-colored wire to match the brackets.
- Comfortable – Ceramic braces have been known to cause less irritation in the mouth and gums than traditional braces. Since you will be wearing your braces for 18 plus months, comfort can be a major factor in determining which type of braces you’ll want to wear.
- Effective – Another reason that ceramic braces are so popular with older patients is because they have proven to be extremely effective in correcting misaligned bites, crooked teeth, gaps, and overcrowding. Traditional braces and ceramic braces work in the same amount of time, therefore if you’re willing to spend a little more money you can fix your teeth discreetly and effectively.
- Durable – According to Simply Smile Orthodontics, High-quality ceramic braces are incredibly strong, even when compared to metal braces. It is very hard to damage or degrade these braces unless you seriously abuse them.”
The Disadvantages of Rigby Ceramic Braces
- Staining – Since ceramic is a porous mateiral, it’s more prone to staining then stainless steel braces. This isn’t an issue if a person remains diligient in their home-care for their braces, but if you enjoy darker beverages like coffee, soda or red wine or smoke often, you have a higher chance of staining your braces.
- Cost – Ceramic braces tend to be more expensive than traditional braces, however if you’re looking for an efficient, virtually transparent orthodontic treatment option, ceramic braces are usually cheaper than invisible aligner trays.
- Maintenance – As previously mentioned, ceramic braces have the tendency to stain if not taken care of properly. Due to the vulnerability of the material, more maintenance is required for wearing ceramic braces than that of other types of braces like invisible aligners or traditional braces.
- Not For Everyone – While traditional braces can be worn by virtually anyone who needs to correct their smile, ceramic braces are most effective when worn to correct patients who do not have severe misalignments or extreme overcrowding. If you’re unsure whether or not you are a canditate for ceramic braces, but would like to be, contact Randal Orthodontics in Rigby today to find out what options are avialable to you.